Today is OFFICIALLY the best.day.EVAH!! It's Chocolate Peanut Butter Day!
Hosted by Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook, 31 fantabulous bloggers are sharing some of our favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes (AKA the best flavor combo everrrr!) Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on the social medias and join us in sharing your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes. Want to see a big group of choc/pb goodness all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board! We're also teaming up with OXO (ahhhh some of the best cooking/baking gadgets/accessories!), King Arthur Flour (you already know they're one of my fave baking brands!), and Peanut Butter & Co. (because...duh! I. love. PB&CO!) to bring you three fabulous prize packs! If you love to bake, you don't want to miss entering this giveaway-scroll on down past the recipe to enter! (and also check out all the other amazing recipes for Chocolate Peanut Butter Day!)
Kayle's favorite sweet treat=cookies
Only thing Kayle might like more than cookies=cookie dough
This recipe=ALL OF THOSE THINGS COMBINED!!
I mean...you really can't go wrong. Plus they're perty.
Peanut butter thumbprint cookies are a classic, they always make me think of Christmas-time. But...these thumbprint cookies are like A BJILLION times better! First of all...the peanut butter flavor is just super amped up and perfect. And it's a pretty, sturdy cookie. Then I mean, ya know...you plop some chocolate pb dough on top. Maybe drizzle some melted chocolate. Yeah.
I will note that the dough is super soft at room temperature-so if you want a sturdier dough, refrigerate these bad boys. Either way, they're tasty deliciousness personified.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Makes 30-50 cookies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature (I used PB&Co's "The Bee's Knees" )
- 1/2 cup (or 8 tbsp.) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt (if using unsalted peanut butter, increase to 1/2 tsp.)
- 3 tbsp. chocolate peanut butter (homemade or storebought-such as PB&Co's "Dark Chocolate Dreams" )
- 1/2 cup (or 8 tbsp.) unsalted butter, room temperature or slightly chilled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional: dark or semisweet chocolate, melted, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare baking sheet(s) (you can either use 2 large baking sheets or just 1 and bake them in batches) with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl (using a stand or hand mixer) beat together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar on medium speed until fluffy and lightened in color (1-2 minutes).
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until all the ingredients are incorporated and the dough just comes together.
- Roll 1 tbsp. (small cookie scoop) balls of dough and roll those in the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, until evenly coated. Arrange on the baking sheet(s), leaving 2 in. of space between each cookie dough ball. Using your thumb or the back of a teaspoon, lightly press down into the middle of each dough ball, leaving a small indentation.
- Bake 9-12 minutes, until set and lightly golden around the edges. Cool for 1 minute. Define the indentation in the center of each cookie using a teaspoon or small rounded cookie scoop (or your thumbs, whatever). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the peanut butter, butter, and sugars for the cookie dough on medium speed until fluffy, for a couple minutes.
- Mix in flour and salt on low speed until combined. (If the dough is too thick, add in a little bit of vanilla extract, water, or cream. If it's too thin, add a bit more flour.)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop about a teaspoon of dough onto each cooled cookie, lightly pressing into the indentation and shape the top into a smooth dome. (if the dough won't adhere to the cookie, add a small dot of melted chocolate to the cookie to help the dough stick on it.)
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired (you can either melt chocolate and take a fork and drizzle it over the cookies or melt chocolate chips in a plastic bag, cut off the tip, and then pipe the chocolate on each cookie.)
Don't forget to check out the other recipes for #chocPBday!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
A huge thank you to our sponsors! Be sure to follow them on social media:
3 lucky winners will win the following:Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop
Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract
Prize Pack #3: Peanut Butter and Co. package including: one Dark Chocolate Dreams 6-pack, One Variety 6-pack, and One 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will be picked from random draw. Giveaway ends Monday March 31 at 11:59 PM. The winners will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond. If not, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This post contains Affiliate links. I've received no compensation for my opinions in this post (outside of Affiliate links)--giveaway prizes are provided by the sponsors.