There were so many delicious options, flipping through this cookbook, that I didn't know where to start!
Fortunately, Michael very succinctly made up my mind. He pointed to the icebox pie and said, "That one."
the soup." He then proceeded to savor each bite, very slowly. And when the day came that he had to finish the last piece...he was a sad Michael.
Let's break it down: homemade, crunchy, buttery, chocolate cookie crust. Then a rich, thick, creamy, heavenly, dark chocolate peanut butter filling that will make you just want to let it sit on your tongue so you can just enjoy every moment. Then, on top, the perfect bit of texture is added by garnishing with peanuts and chocolate chips. Just....ahhh....so good you guys. I'm not even kidding. You need this pie in your life, NOW.
Just ask my poor, broken fiance', crying in the corner because there is no more pie*.
*this is a slight exaggeration. Slight.
((Keep on reading after the recipe for a GIVEAWAY!))
Dark Chocolate Dreams Icebox Pie
Adapted slightly from 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams
Makes 8 servings (one 9 in. pie)
- 9 oz. chocolate wafer cookies (I used homemade)
- 2-5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted (2 tbsp. if using homemade chocolate wafer cookies or 5 tbsp. if using storebought)
- 1 and 3/4 cup (or one 16 oz. jar) Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
- 8 oz. whipped topping (either CoolWhip or 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream beaten with 2-3 tbsp. powdered sugar)
- Garnish-semisweet chocolate chips, additional whipped topping, chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process until they are finely ground crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until the cookie crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press the moistened crumbs into a prepared pie dish, going all the way up and around the sides (I used the bottom of a glass to help). Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and cool completely before filling.
- In a large bowl fold/stir together the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and the whipped topping until fully and evenly combined (will be thick and creamy, not fluffy).
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Top with chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, if desired, garnish with whipped topping. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This puts the DREAMy in Dark Chocolate DREAMs <3
31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams
The winner is Lori C.! Congrats!!
The winner is Lori C.! Congrats!!
"Like" The Cooking Actress on Facebook-leave a comment on this post to let me know you did so. Follow The Cooking Actress on Pinterest-and leave a separate comment letting me know. Follow The Cooking Actress by email-leave another comment. Follow me on Twitter @kayleblogna-leave a separate comment on here to tell me. Follow me on Instagram @kayleblogna-leave another comment, saying you did so. Follow Peanut Butter & Co. on Pinterest-leave me a comment telling me if you did. "Like" Peanut Butter & Co. on Facebook-leave a comment on here letting me know. Follow @PeanutButterCo on Twitter-leave a comment tell me you did. Tweet this about the giveaway: (and leave a comment on this post afterwards) I’d love to win the @PeanutButterCo #giveaway from @kayleblogna http://bit.ly/1aAICus #ilovepeanutbutter