Lighting is super unpredictable and 1 hour makes all the difference...which is why half these photos have way worse lighting than the other half...sorry about that...
ANYWAY-let's focus on the fact that this is another cookie of the month! And this month's ingredient is PEANUT BUTTER! I love peanut butter. And cookies. So...no complaints here!
As you know...I've got a wedding coming up. And these cookies are not healthified AT ALL. And...of course they're delicious. Dangerously so. Sooo I had to get rid of some of them so I wouldn't have an excuse to eat like a dozen cookies. Incidentally, the day I made these I saw my brother (and made him cheat on his health regimen to have one) and Michael and I got together with his work friends. So I packed them each a cookie! Because I'm totally that person. And everyone was pretty. darn. happy about it! Win win!
These cookies are a great size and they're gooey and chewy and moist and chocolatey and perfectly soft and the peanut butter chips pack in even more peanut butter flavor! And they look pretty when they're all gooey. (Which I 100% endorse serving these cookies warm. If they're leftover you just microwave them for 10-15 seconds.) And now I want one. Which is precisely why I CANNOT BE TRUSTED AROUND DELICIOUS COOKIES!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
From My Baking Addiction
From My Baking Addiction
Makes approx. 16-20 cookies
- 1 cup (or 2 sticks or 16 tbsp.) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (whatever variety you prefer)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- one 10 oz. package (about 1 and 2/3 cup) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare large cookie sheet(s) by coating with nonstick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (I did 2 batches with one sheet, you could also use 2 baking sheets and do them in batches or rotate them from upper and lower racks halfway through baking).
- In a medium-large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until lightened and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips until evenly incorporated.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 1/4 cup) to scoop out large rounds of dough. Place on prepared cookie sheet(s) leaving about 2 inches of space in between dough mounds.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until set around the edges. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Go check out the other Peanut Butter Cookies of the Month!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches from Jen's Favorite Cookies
Peanut Butter Cut Out Cookies from Tastes of Lizzy T
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Bake or Break
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from The Cooking Actress
Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints from Crumb: A Food Blog
Peanut Butter and Syrup Cookies from Kelli's Kitchen
Peanut Butter Compost Cookies from Gotta Get Baked
Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Cups from 365 Days of Baking and More
Peanut Butter Cup Sandwiches from Posed Perfection