I've made this pasta like....almost every week. Real talk.
I mean really....we all know by this point how much I love browned butter, right? And I have a deep passion for pasta. Especially when it has copious amounts of Parmesan cheese.
AND there's nothing not to like about a dinner that's done in like...10 minutes (or less?). Yeah. You get it now, right?
I don't even know what else to tell you. This pasta is nummy. It tastes like browned butter and Pecorino Romano cheese (because of this I suggest actually getting a nice hunk of Pecorino Romano and freshly grating the good stuff) and just nutty cheesy wonderful goodness. And I also recommend using like...LOTS of cheese. That's me though.
Ya know what? Sometimes you just need an easy dinner.
And sometimes I just need a short and sweet blog post.
Brown Butter Pasta
Adapted from GeorgieCakes
- 1 package (about 16 oz.) thin pasta-I used cappellini
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) butter
- 1+ cups Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a bowl/dish place a thin layer of pasta, and cover with some of the grated cheese. Mix. Repeat layering and mixing until all the pasta and cheese are combined.
- Brown the butter: In a (preferably light colored) saucepan melt butter over medium heat and whisk constantly as it foams, bubbles, and turns amber as brown bits form. Immediately remove from heat and pour over pasta. Mix.
- Top with more cheese (LOTS MORE CHEESE!) and serve.