Sometimes I make pancakes.
I'm concerned they're not super healthy for breakfast.
I've never shared any recipes with you because....
my pancakes always turn out ugly.
Apparently I am unable to cook pancakes and have them look pretty.
Or at least-I was!
These pancakes are the prettiest I've ever made, and for some reason, the easiest for me to cook (perhaps the lack of egg?)
They're also healthy.
These pancakes are fat free, vegan (if you use vegan or no chocolate chips), low in sugar, and absolutely tasty!! They're another new fav. breakfast of mine (and I like to make them in my little cast iron skillet that my sweetie got me for Christmas). I actually had some yesterday. So go forth and eat guilt-free pancakes (that taste like cookies)!
(HEALTHY) Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
Serves 1-2. Depending on how hungry you are.Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- brown sugar, to taste (I usually crumble in about a teaspoon's worth)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Approx. 1/2 cup water
- Chocolate chips, to taste
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add water slowly, until desired consistency.
- Cook in a (greased) skillet over medium-low heat. Add chocolate chips as one side cooks. When bubbles break towards the middle, flip. Cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve warm with syrup, butter, or (if you're me) peanut butter!
Here...have a bite. It's OK-they're healthy!
Mmm....I love peanut butter.