And they had a really different taste from what you get with typical mashed potatoes (I'm guessing that's a combined effect of the Yukon Golds and that there were skins). Michael absolutely loved them! I liked them a lot, but I don't know that they are my favorite. I think there's a recipe I'd like better out there. Maybe it's this one? But see for yourself! These are definitely a must-try.
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes or baby Yukon Golds
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- S&P and other mix-ins to taste
- Cut baby Yukon Gold potatoes in half (and if regular sized cut into quarters).
- Add to pot with cold water.
- Let come to a boil.
- Slightly reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and add back to the pot. Turn burner to low heat.
- Add butter and heavy cream.
- Taste and season to your taste, and add any other mix-ins you may choose.
- Serve warm :)
I'll be eating these, and the rest of the dinner, for awhile. Do you have a lot of Thanksgiving leftovers too?