Ok let me just tell you right off the bat: there is no cookie dough in this pudding.
BUT don't be disappointed! I was skeptical that pudding could just...taste like chocolate chip cookie dough. But it really really does!!
Speaking of Michael, he was also pretty skeptical when I told him about the pudding. He wasn't too sure about it. But then he took a bite...and another....and another. And he said, "Ah...I get it."
So he gets delicious cookie dough pudding. So do I. So will you!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pudding
Makes 4-6 servings.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup brown sugar with the salt and cornstarch until there are no lumps or clumps.
- Whisk in the milk and heavy cream and heat over medium heat until it starts to thicken and bubble, about 5-7 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low and whisk until it achieves a thick, pudding consistency (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract, butter, and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar until smooth.
- Pour pudding into a large, heatproof, bowl or individual dishes. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing onto the surface of the pudding, and chill into set (at least 1-2 hours). Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prior to serving, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Don't you just want to dig in!?
Disclaimer-This post contains Affiliate links.