Ok...I mean...that photo above gives you some idea--right? LOOK AT THE EPIC LEVELS OF GOOEY RICHNESS!
So...technically...I've shared this recipe before. In fact, it was the first recipe I ever posted on this blog: my beloved chocolate chip cookie pie. It has been way way too long since I've made that pie because....well because I have a blog and I have a ton of desserts I want to try so it's hard to re-make things. But I somehow improved upon that originally favorite recipe. Let me tell you how.
I just...I cannot emphasize enough that THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER AND YOU NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Makes one 9" pie.Ingredients:
- 1 and 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (or approx. 18 squares of graham crackers--1 sleeve of the variety I purchase)
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (which equals about 16 tbsp) butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce + more for drizzling
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- To brown the butter: In a small-medium (preferably light colored) saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and whisk continuously as it foams and bubbles, until little brown bits start form and it just to turn amber. Immediately remove from heat and let cool to room temperature (place it in the refrigerator can help speed up this process).
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan with butter.
- In a food processor or blend, pulse graham crackers until they're all crumbs, with no large chunks remaining. Pulse in the 4 tbsp. melted butter until evenly moistened.
- Press the moistened graham crumbs into the prepared pie dush, going up and around the sides. Use the bottom of a heavy glass to help pack and flatten the bottom of the crust.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in flour, sugars, and salt until well blended.
- On low speed, mix in the cooled browned butter.
- Stir chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (if it's too thick-as mine was-place in a small bowl and microwave for 10-20 seconds, until it is easier to pour and drizzle) into the base of the pie crust, trying to evenly smooth it over the entire bottom.
- Pour/spread the pie batter on top of the caramel, filling to the top of the crust.
- Drizzle with more salted caramel sauce and bake for approx. 50 minutes (the top will be a deep brown color).
- Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle with some sea salt. Let cool on a wire rack completely (after the pie is no longer hot, sometimes I'll transfer to the refrigerator to speed this along,) before cutting and serving.
- Store pie, covered or in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (Note-it can be more difficult to cut the pie when cold-sometimes letting it sit at room temperature for a little while can help, or running a sharp knife under hot water and wiping off before using it to cut the pie). Serve cold, room temperature, or warm!
I love it so much I could cry.