Only one of my bridesmaids lives in NYC, so she got a little bit of a different "will you be my bridesmaid" request than the others....she got a giant cookie:
See, I figure, if someone asked ME a question written on a giant, browned butter, salted chocolate chip cookie, I'd probs. say yes. My diabolical plan worked, and my cousin Emily accepted! Then later, when she was home, she texted me:
"Omg this cookie I AM GOING TO EAT THE WHOLE THING DAMNIT KAYLE"She also asked if I was trying to make her the fatty for my wedding...hehehee
So. Technically....I didn't taste this cookie. Because I gave it to Emily. But I know the ingredients that went in it, I know they're delicious, and I mean...you read what she said...sounds like it was pretty good to meeee!
I mean...giant chocolate chip cookie....browned butter....just...like...
it doesn't get much better, amiright?
XL Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes 1 large cookie
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, browned
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. beaten egg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt + more, for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- How to brown butter: Place butter in a small (preferably light colored) saucepan and melt over medium heat. Whisk consistently as the butter foams, bubbles, and eventually turns an amber color and small brown bits form. Immediately remove from heat and pour into a medium bowl (make sure to scrape in all the little brown bits).
- Let the browned butter cool for 5 minutes, until cooled slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Stir the sugars into the browned butter. Then stir in the egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Press the dough into an even round on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown, but not overbaked.
- Cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Serve!
I like big cookies and I cannot lie....