Here it is, my last #cookieweek post (although it lasts until the end of tomorrow, so you still have time to enter the giveaway and get more awesome recipes from the other participants!)! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
These cookies have been elevated in the pantheons to one of the all time best cookies that have ever graced my lips. But that's no surprise. I used one of my fave cookie bases (from these)-which has browned butter, used toffee chips, stuffed them with SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE, and sprinkled them with some more salt. Honestly...there's really no way to go wrong with these.
These cookies are BIG.
They're crisp, yet chewy.
They have delicious bites of toffee, and ooey gooey salted caramel.
THEY ARE IRRESISTIBLE.
You're gonna love 'em.
Now check out all the other #CookieWeek recipes for today!:
- Bethmännchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Chewy Brigadeiro Pecan Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Cookie Thumbprints with Sweet Pepper Jelly by Omeletta
- Chocolate-Stuffed Gingerbread Cookies by i heart eating
- Earl Grey Icebox Cookies by Crumb
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Homemade Thin Mints by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Miso Sesame Cookies by NinjaBaking.com
- Peppermint Cream Thumbprint Cookies by Beyond Frosting
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Toffee Chip Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Sandwich Cookies by Texana's Kitchen
And continue on past the recipe to enter the giveaway!
Brown Butter Salted Caramel Stuffed Toffee Chip Cookies
Author: Kayle, The Cooking Actress
Makes approx. 16 large cookies
- 1 and 1/2 sticks (or 12 tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup toffee chips (ie. Heath chocolate covered toffee bits)
- salted caramel sauce (about 16 tsps. worth)
- Sea salt, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To brown the butter: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly as the butter foams and eventually little brown bits form. Immediately remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Let butter cool to room temperature, 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, add the sugars to the butter and whisk until smooth and caramel colored. Then whisk in the egg & yolk, then the vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt-the dough will be thick and you may need to use your hands to combine it all.
- Fold in the toffee chips.
- Roll about 1 and 1/2 tbsp. of dough into a ball, slightly flatten and create a little indentation in the center to act as a well. Place a small dollop (about a teaspoon's worth) of salted caramel sauce in the little indentation. Carefully top with another 1 and 1/2 tbsp. of dough, and seal around the edges-forming a large ball of dough (you can then roll it a bit if you want. Do your best to keep the caramel sauce contained within the dough ball).
- Place dough balls on a cookie sheet (you'll need to do multiple batches, I did 2 batches with 8 cookies to a sheet), about 3 inches apart from each other.
- Sprinkle the tops of each dough ball with sea salt.
- Bake 11-14 minutes until the edges turn slightly golden.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes (and, if desired, top with more salt) then use a spatula to move to a cooling rack.
- Serve, or keep in an airtight container for about a week.
Disclaimer-this post contains Affiliate links. The giveaway prizes are provided by King Arthur Flour, OXO, Kitchen Aid, and Zulka Sugar.a Rafflecopter giveaway