This is another case of Michael seeing something on the computer while I'm commenting on a blogger friend's blog, and him going "I WANT THAT." And seriously though, he very rarely asks for anything specific, so when he does I have to honor his request! Especially since this recipe is so eaaaasy.
And...I could use some easy in my life right now. I'm like...just...so busy. I just got back a couple days ago from Ohio and now I'm here for a week (in which I'll be working, blogging, cooking, etc.) and then I go back to Ohio for Michael's cousin's wedding. Then when I get back I'm gonna have a bunch of stuff to catch up on and there is already work booked and a short film and....yeah. You get the idea.
Seriously: people who work full time and go to school and/or have children...I just don't know how you guys do it. Mad props because I am just apparently easily overwhelmed.
Thank goodness for easy dinners that please. It's seriously just tortillas and like taco ingredients layered and baked for a short amount of time. And apparently it's delicious. The boy is certainly a big fan. He especially liked it if it's had some time to cool-less messy I suppose?
If you're busy too, let's just calm ourselves down and make some Mexican Pizza, shall we?
From Table for 7
Makes 1 pizza.
- 1/2 lb. seasoned taco meat (I use this method)
- 1/4-1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4-1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese(s)
- two 4 in. flour tortillas
- Toppings (tomatoes, onions, olives, etc. etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay 1 tortilla on the prepared baking sheet. Spread refried beans, then cover with the taco meat.
- Top with 2nd tortilla.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread the top tortilla with salsa, then top with cheese and any toppings you desire.
- Bake 5-10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Cool, then cut and serve.
It's sorta pretty, huh?
Disclaimer-this post contains Affiliate links.