I like hash browns.
Sure ya do!
One thing I don't like, though: greasy, fried hash browns (especially the ones at like...McDonalds...blech).
Wanna know a super easy way to make your own, non fried, hash browns at home?
Do you have a waffle iron?
Good! Let's make us some hash browns!
Waffle Iron Hash Browns
From Nature's Nurture
- 1 medium potato per 2 waffle sections (So, if you have a 2 waffle capacity iron, just use 1 potato per batch. If you have a Belgian waffle maker-like me-use 2 potatoes per batch.)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Salt & Pepper, etc. to taste
- Wash potato(es). Peel, if desired. Shred the potato(es)-I used the large holes on a grater.
- Place shredded potato(es) in a towel and squeeze out the water (I wrap them up and wring it either way).
- Season, if desired.
- Spray a preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes onto the iron until they're about 1/4" thick, or slightly less.
- Close the lid and cook-check after 10-15 minutes (may need up to 20). They're done when browned and crisp.
Ta-da!! WAFFLE HASH BROWNS!