THAT'S IT! I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!
I CANNOT WAIT ONE MORE DAY BEFORE I SHARE THIS RECIPE WITH YOU!
Cookie dough. Wonderful, delicious, chocolate chip cookie dough-that is for the sole purpose of eating. This dough has no desire to be baked-its entire reason for being is just for you to eat it in its perfect, dough, state. AND-even though I have tempted salmonella on multiple occasions by eating regular cookie dough-this is safe. No eggs. No worry about dying (not that I worry...but Michael is oddly concerned). And it tastes exactly the same. You cannot tell the difference. It only dirties one bowl (especially if, like me, you totally just attack it with the spatula you used to mix it right from that bowl). Another perk-you can totally tailor it for how you like your dough. More into a thick cookie dough? Use less water. You don't like to eat chocolate chips in the dough? Don't put them in! Want to mix something else up in there? GO RIGHT AHEAD! I probably make this more often than is healthy. But...c'mon....it's cookie dough.
Eatable Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Adapted from Willow Bird Baking Three Safe-to-Eat Cookie Doughs: Safe-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tbsp. vanilla
- 2-6 tbsp. water
- chocolate chips, to taste
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour, salt, and vanilla.
- One tablespoon at a time, mix in water until the dough is your desired consistency.
- If you want, stir in chocolate chips (or other stuff, whatevs)
- Store leftovers (if you have any) in the refrigerator.