All the yumminess of a s'more...without quite so much of a mess. Or need for fire.
I'm the messiest eater ever. And s'mores are messy to eat for anyone-so for me it's double the messiness. I usually have stuff smeared all over my face and need a wet napkin with me to aid in the clean up. These cookies don't require such up-keep.
Also, Michael's coworkers love love loved them. Of course. And gobbled them up and told their significant other's that they needed to step up to my level.
Graham Cracker S'mores Cookies
Adapted from Prevention RD
Make ahead tip: you can store dough overnight or for up to 72 hours prior to baking. You can also store baked cookies, in an airtight container, in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (or 1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer) cream together the butter and brown sugar (scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed) for a couple minutes, until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg until fully incorporated.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5-2 tbsp, of dough), scoop out the cookies and space out with approx. 2 inches of space in between on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden and just set. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Enjoy! Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.