Guys...I am so excited to help ring in #Oatober with this recipe! Oh, what is Oatober, you ask? It's October....but Peanut Butter & Co. and Bob's Red Mill have teamed up to make this month all about hearty, versatile oats + delicious and flavorful peanut butter! And I'm so stoked because these are two of my favorite brands-I legit. use them all the time!
Something really cool and unique about this recipe is the whole wheat flour-it creates little clumps and is part of what adds to the "cookie" sort of feeling this granola has. Oh and be prepared-it will 100% smell like you're baking delicious cookies when it's in the oven. But that's ok because, even though this granola is healthy and wholesome and filling, it's also insanely delicious. Dark Chocolate Dreams is my pb bestie-chocolatey and peanut buttery goodness. Then we have crunchy peanuts and subtly sweet honey and the chewiness that you get courtesy of oats. Perfection. Guiltless indulgence!
Oh yeah and...continue on past the recipe for a GIVEAWAY! :D
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Granola
Adapted from greens & chocolate
- 4 cups old fashioned (or rolled) oats (I love Bob's Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed/flaxseed meal
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, measured in liquid form
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl stir together oats, flour, peanuts, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- In medium microwavable bowl, combine honey and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds and then mix until combined.
- Stir coconut oil and vanilla extract into the pb-honey mixture.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir, and then bake another 10-15 minutes, until fragrant.
- Let cool completely.
- Break into chunks, and serve! (I like to just eat it by the handful but you can use it in parfaits, as cereal, etc.)
- Store in airtight container (I used a resealable plastic bag) for up to 2 weeks.