Thanks to an insanely successful Kickstarter campaign (and a LOT of research and hard work) Susan now has her very own bakery that is all about-wait for it-COOKIES! SHE SELLS COOKIES! Um....I love cookies. LOVE THEM. So I'm all about a bakery that only sells cookies. And you want to know what's even better? These cookies are all preservative free, small batch, and baked with THE BEST ingredients-mostly organic ingredients and fairtrade chocolate. That is so incredible and something I am completely 100% in love with.bake shop. And I am a lucky, lucky lady because she has totally outdone herself with what she is selling!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies-These are the first cookies you see pictured above. Susan takes 2 soft (and delightfully crumbly and full of peanut butter flavor) peanut butter cookies and sandwiches all-natural strawberry preserves in the middle for the perfect spin on all of our fave childhood comfort food. I packed these in Michael's lunch and he completely loved them.
- Peanut Butter Cookies-These are the same cookies used for the PB&J Cookies. They're made with all-natural organic peanut butter (which accounts for the extra powerful punch of peanut buttery goodness) and brown sugar (which equals soft, chewy, cookies).
- Triple Choc-o-lot Cookies-Susan uses THREE kinds of chocolate. THREE! Dark chocolate, red cocoa powder, and chocolate chips all create a super decadent chocolate lovers' dream (trust me, I'm a certified chocoholic)-and as if that wasn't perfect enough....there's vanilla sea salt on top. Which completely makes the cookies. It's the perfect little bit of salty to balance the sweet. Completely died over these.
- Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies-I cannot decide if these or the Triple Choc-o-lot were my favorites. Methinks it's a tie. All I know is I will always go for a classic CCC, especially when it is done as impeccably as this one. Crisp edges...chewy inside...delightfully gooey chocolate chunks (microwave these babies for 10 seconds to take them to the next level)...pretty little specks of vanilla (hello lovahs) aaaand again with that vanilla sea salt! As usual, it completely elevates the whole thing.
The main sum up I can give about The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop is this: you can taste the quality. Every nuance of flavor has been meticulously thought out and your taste-buds get to enjoy the results! AMAZING.
Now, in addition to the fact that you can order yourself between 1 and 3 dozen of each of the above varieties of cookies you can also get yourself a sampler pack (which has 4 chocolate cookies, 4 peanut butter, and 4 chocolate chip in each dozen) OR-my personal favorite option-sign up for the cookie of the month club! You can pick to receive 1 dozen cookies (generally seasonally appropriate cookies, I believe she is currently doing pumpkin but could also do blueberry or oatmeal, etc. depending on the season--or if you do not like that month's cookie option you can choose from one of the 3 standard flavors) every month for either 3, 6, or 12 months! COOKIES EVERY MONTH-that's like Christmas every day....or...well...every month.
One last really cool thing about the little red kitchen bake shop is that they do flash sales! Generally every Monday, but different events can happen to cause different sales to go on. Just check this page to see what sort of options you might have to get some discounted cookies in your life!
Anyway...you should buy some cookies.
And you should maybe also try to WIN some:
One reader will win their choice of 1 of the following from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop:
- 1 dozen Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 dozen Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 dozen Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sampler box with 4 Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies, 4 Triple Chocolate Cookies, and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 6 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
"Like" The Cooking Actress on Facebook-leave a comment on this post to let me know you did so. Follow The Cooking Actress on Pinterest-and leave a separate comment letting me know. Follow The Cooking Actress by email-leave another comment. Follow me on Twitter @kayleblogna-leave a separate comment on here to tell me. Follow me on Instagram @kayleblogna-leave another comment, saying you did so. "Like" Girl in the Little Red Kitchen on Facebook-leave a comment on here letting me know. Follow @LittleRedKitchn on Twitter-leave a comment tell me you did. Tweet this about the giveaway: (and leave a comment on this post afterwards) Enter to win #COOKIES from @LittleRedKitchn and @kayleblogna #giveaway http://bit.ly/1F4e8vC
Disclaimer: The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen provided me with product to sample, and I was under no obligation to review if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. My opinions, as always, are all my own. We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.