Poor Michael. I feel bad for him.
He never got to eat these brownies.simple brownie recipe (only uses cocoa powder but somehow they're so dense and chocolatey!), threw in some crushed mint chocolates and -TA DAAAA!
And....I know it's summertime buuut....these would be pretty neat for the holidays.
Chocolate and mint are such a delicious combo, and I feel like it makes you feel cooled down on a warm summer day. Especially if you freeze these beauties. Which you can totally do. They get almost fudge-like when frozen. It's pretty bangerang.*
*psst...didja click the link? Didja watch the youtube clip? Do you love Hook as much as I do? :P
Mint Cocoa Brownies
Author: Kayle, "The Cooking Actress"
Makes 16-25 brownie squares
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cold eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4-1/2 cup crushed chocolate-mint candies
- Position rack in lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Line bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper or foil-with some overhang on opposite sides (for lifting later). Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray (I also like to spray the pan before adding the paper/foil to help it stay in place better).
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium, heatproof, bowl. Microwave 1 minute and 30 seconds on high power.
- Remove and stir until smooth. Let cool until warm (not hot).
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each egg.
- Add flour and stir until you can't see any more flour-then mix vigorously 40 strokes.
- Spread evenly into the lined pan. Sprinkle the crushed chocolate-mint candies evenly over the surface.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out slightly moist).
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Lift the overhanging parchment paper or foil and transfer brownies to a cutting surface. Cut into as many squares as you desire.
Fudgy and minty heaven!