By now, you probably know I tend to prefer natural, real, fresh food. Which is why I was SO excited to sample and develop a recipe using The Better Chip! The Better Chip is essentially a tortilla chip that uses farm-fresh ingredients for a real, simple, great taste. The Better Chip is also naturally gluten-free, vegan friendly, and verified non-GMO!
Baked Tortilla Chicken
Author: Kayle, "The Cooking Actress"
Makes 3-4 chicken breastsIngredients:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts-pounded until somewhat flattened
- 1 cup (or about 4 oz) crushed The Better Chip tortilla chips (I used half corn and half beet)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Seasonings, to taste (I used a dash of garlic powder, paprika, and seasoning salt)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish/bowl combine the crushed tortilla chips (I used a food processor to get a fine crumb) with the cornmeal, cheese, and seasonings. Beat the egg in a separate bowl/dish.
- Dip each flattened chicken breast in the egg and then coat in the crumbs. Place on the prepared wire rack.
- Once all the chicken is breaded and on the wire rack, spray with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 13 minutes. Flip over, spray again, and bake for 13 more minutes (or until cooked all the way through).
- Let cool 10 minutes and then serve! Can be served on their own, with salsa, another sauce, or on a tortilla salad!
Mmmmm juicy, chicken-y goodness!