THIS IS IT. The big one you guys!
But....I LOVE this recipe.
I am completely obsessed and in love with everything to do with this recipe. It is so full of flavor, perfectly creamy, and you can use it on whatever kind of noodles you want. I chose to use whole wheat fettuccine or linguine, and also some zucchini noodles--I'm including instructions on how to make those in the recipe but you can completely do your own thing if you want. I just need to trick myself into eating those veggies whenever I can!
Aren't you guys proud of me?
Yeah, me too. And I'll be proud of you WHEN you go and make this. It'll only take like 10-15 minutes sooo...I'll just be waiting here.
go on. I'll see you soon.
Slightly adapted from Gimme Some Oven's Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
Makes 4 servings
- 12 oz. of pasta/zucchini noodles
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese + additional to top
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- If making zucchini noodles, take as much zucchini as you want and cut into thin noodle-sized strips.
- Bring a generously salted pot of water to a boil. Drop in non-zucchini pasta and cook according to package directions. 1 minute before the pasta is done, add the zucchini noodles. Drain.
- While you're preparing the noodles, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Saute minced garlic for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and cook for 1 more minute.
- Slowly whisk in broth. Whisk in milk and bring mixture to a simmer. Cook for 1 additional minute, until thickened.
- Stir in grated Parmesan until melted. Keep the sauce on medium-low heat until you are read to use (and then turn the heat off).
- Once the noodles are cooked and drained toss with the alfredo sauce.
- Serve, with more grated Parmesan cheese on top.
I just wanna dig in. Perhaps it's time I make another batch...mmmm!