That's the beauty of BREAKFAST COOKIES. They're meant for breakfast, and are totally healthy-ish so no need for the guilt and worry :P.
I don't feel like I need another sweet/dessert. That's good for my day. So...ya know...woot.
These breakfast cookies are PERFECT! Full of peanut butter flavor, they also have oats, whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal, AND they're made with coconut oil-not butter! If you wanna be uber healthy you can omit the chocolate chips. Buuuut....whyy? Why omit the delish chocolate chips? I certainly could not do it.
So, make these, and enjoy the most important meal of the day :D
Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
From Crazy for Crust
Makes approx. 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used a mix of homemade and Jif)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (if you can't scoop it, heat it until softer)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup quick oats (I just pulse regular oats in the food processor a few times to get these)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Optional-1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Either grease a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper or silpat.
- Using a mixer (stand or hand) mix peanut butter, sugar, and coconut oil. Beat in egg, baking soda, flaxseed meal, oats, and whole wheat flour. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Using a 2 tbsp. (medium) cookie scoop, scoop dough balls onto cookie sheet. They won't spread so they can be close together. If needed, flatten a bit with your hand or a fork.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until the bottoms are golden.
- Allow to cool completely before moving, will be crumbly.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Disclaimer-This post contains Affiliate links