Anyway. I hate all fish and seafood. People tend to get fairly weirded out by this (my mom doesn't like it either! My dad however, adores it all.), and yes, I promise, I've tried it. I wish I liked fish! It's pretty good for you 'n' stuff! I just...don't. The smell, the texture, the taste...none of it is for me.
However, other people totally love it. Including my boyfriend. And the poor guy barely ever gets it, because I'm a mean lady who doesn't cook it for him ;).
After his best friend visited and cooked him some Indian inspired fish recipe, we had some leftover cod fillets in our freezer. And one day I decided to be nice and use it to make something, and oh look how handy, there was a recipe on the bag! And we had all the ingredients! So, nice girl that I am, I made it. And Michael loved it. And so maybe you will too?
Breadcrumb Crusted Cod
- 1 lb. cod fillets (fresh or, if frozen, thawed)
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a small baking dish or pan.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper, and melted butter.
- Place fish in pan and top with crumb mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
If it were only chicken...