Imagine, if you will, wonderful chocolate chip cookies.
Cookies that are pillowy and soft on the inside, chewy and delightful.
Cookies with a satisfyingly crisp edge, full of delicious dark chocolate morsels.
Chocolate chip cookies that have just a little extra oomph to them.
Cookies made with almond butter.homemade almond butter, then make these cookies! Yes. Yes, that is a grand idea. :D
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) dark chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or silpat.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl cream butter, almond butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients, a third at a time, into the large bowl until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Roll mixture into golf ball size (1.5 tbsp), evenly space on baking sheet(s), leaving plenty of room between, and flatten the dough balls slightly.
- Bake 10 minutes (may need to bake longer), rotating the pan halfway through.
- Cool on the sheet just until firm (a few minutes) then transfer to a rack or cloth to finish cooling.