So, I want to start this post with a question: Should I do themed/update/round-up posts? You know like some blogs post "Muffin Monday", others do "Tuesday Tutor", and lots of others share links of their fav. recipes from other blog's for the week, or a round-up of their recipes + some fun little life bits. Should I do something like this? Would you guys like me more? (could I sound more needy?) Is there anything specific you would like to see from me on a more regularized basis?
Just something I was thinkin' about.
Now that that little piece of business is finished, I have sort of a basic recipe post for you today: Graham Cracker Pie Crust. Now, obviously you can always easily buy these crusts. But...who knows what's all up in those, you know? And I want to feel as unprocessed as possible as I eat my peanut butter pie! ;P But seriously, it's so not hard to make homemade graham cracker crust, and it tastes like a bjillion times better. Last time I made that peanut butter pie we love I decided to attempt to make my own and, using a couple different graham cracker pie crust recipes I had that were for different pies, I sort of created my own little recipe (that's not quite as heinously bad for you as some), and I really loved it. It's super delish. And, a great basic recipe to just have, in case you need it. So here ya go!
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (or about 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted (if using homemade graham crackers, decrease to 2 tbsp. butter)
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter(whatever kind you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" pie dish with non-stick spray.
- In a food processor (or a blender if you don't have one), pulse graham crackers until they're crumbs (this should take around 20 pulses).
- Pour melted butter and peanut butter into the food processor. Process until blended and all the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press mixture into prepared pie dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Use to make your favorite no-bake pie (such as Peanut Butter Cream Pie).
Having the biggest pie craving now.
Being a food blogger makes you want to eat a lot*, huh?
*(even more than you** already did)
**(and by you I mean I)