Don't judge me.
Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
Adapted from Eat. Drink. Love.
Makes about 12 cookies.Ingredients:
- 1 large banana (1/2 cup) mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or, if you don't have any, you can sub in an extra 1/4 cup mashed banana here. I've done this with great success)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or, if you prefer sweeter cookies, you can add an additional 1/4 cup as well. I think it tastes great with just the original amount, though.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup dried raisins, cranberries, other dried fruit, or chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, applesauce, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in any of the optional mix-ins.
- Prepare cookie sheet(s) by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Drop 1/4 cup balls of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet(s)., keeping them 3 in. apart from each other. Flatten the cookies to approx. 1/2 in. thick.
- Bake 15 minutes, until set and lightly browning.
Surprisingly pretty for something surprisingly healthy.