Adapted from my cousin Shannon/the back of the Chex boxIngredients:
- 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- Heaping 1 cup chocolate chips (I've used, and loved, milk and semi-sweet. Use what you like/have)
- Little over 1/2 cup peanut butter (I've never tried this with natural peanut butter...it worries me.)
- 1/4 cup butter (I'm curious how coconut oil might do as a substitution?)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl measure out Chex.
- In a saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter, over low heat. Stir frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour into a 2 gallon resealable food storage bag. Add powdered sugar, seal bag, and shake until evenly coated.
- Spread out on wax paper to cool.
(2017 UPDATE: I added some much prettier pictures above, but here are the originals that I posted)