I like potatoes. They're tasty.
And I think they totally count as a vegetable.
I also may sort of be obsessed with trying a bunch of different mashed potato recipes...
They're all different, though-no matter what Michael says.
These potatoes are kind of unique, not super fattening, and easily customizable to your preferences.
Go on, give 'em a try.
Perfectly Imperfect Mashed Potatoes
- 4 small/2 large red potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: chives, scallions, herbs
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Wash and cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Put potatoes in boiling water and cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain potatoes. Mash.
- Add milk, cheese, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Beat with a handheld mixer.
- Taste, and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Garnish with herbs, if desired.
Linking up here.