And...well, I'm super busy this week, so that's all I've got. Not to mention the poor boyfriend is sick this week :( The sight of food isn't exactly good for him-cross your fingers I don't catch it! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this cheesy, potato-y, nummy casserole!
From How Sweet It Is
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped+more, to taste, on top
- 1/2 pound pasta (either farfalle or cut up lasagna noodles)
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, hand grated (or apparently cubed/shredded Velveeta? I don't trust that stuff personally)+more, to taste, on top
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- Set prepared potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Let them come to a boil and cook until tender-total time should be around 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions (DO NOT USE "OVEN READY" NOODLES!!! THEY WILL NOT WORK IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCE!). Once the pasta is drained, mix with 2 tbsp. butter.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melted 2 tbsp. butter and saute chopped onion until soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with 1 stick of butter and all the cheese. Mash until there are no lumps.
- Fold the sauteed onions into the potato mixture.
- Spread pasta in a large, greased, baking dish (I used 9 x 13). Spread potato mixture on top. Sprinkle more cheese and onions if desired.
- Bake in an oven, preheated to 350 degrees, for 25 minutes.