I know-you must be flabbergasted. So many recipes in such a short amount of time! 2 chocolate desserts in a row! Well, this is due to that Holiday Recipe Exchange I talked about in my last post. We are able to submit 2 recipes per week, and this is my second. I had leftover Oreo cookies from the Raspberry Cake-Pie, and I had a recipe of How Sweet's that was on my list to make (this list probably contains like 200 recipes or so). These are sooo good. They taste kind of like the Oreo Balls I made but in bar/brownie form. Go-make them! Enjoy the num num numminess!
Triple Layer Oreo Bars
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, and a mix of natural and unnatural peanut butter)
- About 20 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8 x 8 cake pan.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Mix in cocoa powder.
- Add flour and salt, mix well until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in the 8 x 8 pan. Press 9 Oreos into the batter and press gently.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put remaining cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them.
- When finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and top with crushed Oreos and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Return to oven 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the peanut butter with 1 cup chocolate chips. Remove brownies and pour the melted mixture on top. Spread with spatula and really press it down into the crevices-it acts as the binding agent.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Exchange sponsored by Scharffen Berger.