Sorry about the little hiatus I took there! My mom and cousin visited (so much fun showing a 13 year old girl NYC! <3) and then I had a lot of work (Comic Con). But-I'm back! I'm back with Week 3 of the Holiday Recipe Exchange. I don't use my crock-pot often (yet), and honestly don't have time to make a new recipe with it before the end of the week. So instead, I'll re-post this recipe from back in July. You can see the original blog entry here. Enjoy!! :)
- 3 split chicken breast halves (approx. 3 lbs)
- 2 russet potatoes-peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 ribs celery, cut into chunks (I omitted these...I just didn't feel like spending the money)
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- Salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine (Chicken broth is really delicious also.)
- Place veggies in bottom of the crock-pot. Season.
- Remove skin from chicken breasts and place on top of the vegetables. Season.
- Pour white wine over all.
- Sprinkle thyme (I didn't have it so I used some "Italian seasonings" I had) on top of chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook (on low on my slow cooker) for 8 hours-165 degrees inside the chicken.
Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by West Bend.