But today is today and we're gonna focus on these chocolatey treats: giant, chewy, chocolate cookies with chocolate chips (and sea salt on top because duh)!
...sorry. High school me had a bit of a bad boy obsession. I know better now.
About the boys. Not the cookies. If loving decadent cookies is wrong I don't wanna be right! Anyway, other people insisted these had plenty of chocolate, and after eating enough of them I was inclined to agree that they were probably right. And I certainly had no problems with continuing to eat lots of 'em. So there you have it.
Giant Double Chocolate Cookies
Adapted slightly from Annie's Eats
Makes about 12-13 very large cookies.
- 1 cup (or 2 sticks or 16 tbsp.) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt + more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for a couple minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in cocoa powder until fully incorporated.
- On low speed mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips-knead by hand if needed to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Measure out 4 oz. portions of dough (or divide into 12 pieces) and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of space in between, and flatten each ball slightly. Sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Bake 16-20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with more sea salt. Let sit on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat until all the dough is baked.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Double double chocolatey trouuuuuble :P