AGHHHHH-haaaa! Hi all! I'm in the midst of the insanity that is this move. So-while I'm still unpacking my kitchen boxes and unable to get cookin' I'm having some of my best bloggy buds share some of their tastiest treats with you all! Aren't you lucky!!? I know! The first guest post is courtesy of Ashley from Baker by Nature. I was able to meet Ashley last month in NYC and I am so mad that it took us that long to meet up! We hit it off right away and realized HOW MUCH we have in common (like...to a freaky degree. Did you know our blogs are the same age? And we're both film/television actresses...and nannies....and bloggers. And we both moved to NY around the same time? And her boyfriend is a Philosophy professor and Michael's BA is in Philosophy? And tons of other random commonalities!) I'm missing her a ton and hoping I can coerce her to visit me and see Cleveland ;)
In the meantime I'll just satisfy myself with our virtual friendship and drooling over her amazing creations! You guys have already been introduced to one of her brain childs (brain children?)-these cookies that I made and then adapted! Yeah. So. You see why I love her! Anyway, enough of my gushing, Ashley: over to you!
I think we need something sweet!
Let's talk cookies :) I made these especially for you! They're soft in the center, chewy on the edges, and packed with goodies!!! These goodies include white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and salty cashews. I am obsessed with adding salty ingredients to my sweets lately! Have you guys tried it?
I baked these up last week and they FLEW off the pan! I mean, we could hardly wait until they got out of the oven. They smelled soooo amazing baking up! Just have your milk chaser ready ;) xoxo
Double Chocolate Cashew Cookies
Recipe by Baker by Nature
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (regular salt will work but cut it down to 3/4 teaspoon)
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat butter on medium speed for one minute. Add the vanilla and sugars and continue to beat on medium speed for another 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat for 30 seconds – the eggs will not be full incorporated; it’s ok. Turn the mixer on low and gradually add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined. Sprinkle in chocolate chips and cashews.
- Scoop 1/4 cup balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Lightly press each cookie with the palm of your hand, then press in additional chocolate chips if desired, dividing them among all of the cookies evenly. Bake the cookies for 16 – 18 minutes, rotating the pan halfway though for even baking. Cool cookies on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire wrack to cool completely.
YUMMEHHH! Thank you so much Ashley!