A typical morning in my apartment:
Alarm clock wakes us up around 7 AM.
Michael and I trudge out of bed.
We sit down on the couch and get on the internet.
He then goes into the bathroom to shower and such.
I check my emails and facebooks,
post a blog post if I have one for that day,
do all the sharing, etc.
Then I pack Michael's lunch and get his breakfast ready, and mine.
I usually then eat my breakfast while watching some show on the computer.
(Today that show is last night's True Blood).
Michael gets out of the shower and gets ready.
I get his breakfast on the table, then sit and talk with him while he eats.
Far too quickly 8:30 rolls around and we put his lunch in his backpack,
and he goes on his way to work.
And I miss him immediately.
But then I do dishes.
And grocery shop.
And probably cook something.
And if I'm lucky, our breakfast would have been something great like these muffins. Although Michael's not a big fan (he doesn't love banana). They're a really nice, healthier muffin full of banana, peanut butter, and oats. A winning combo, in my opinion. (Kind of like Michael and I :) )
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
Makes 12-18 muffins.Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. applesauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 6 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk (or use this easy substitute)
- Optional: topping--peanut butter + banana slices, to taste
- Line a muffin tin with 18 paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, oats, baking powder and soda, and the salt.
- In a large bowl whisk the applesauce, sugar, eggs, banana, peanut butter, and buttermilk.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Top with peanut butter and/or slices of banana, if desired.