Sometimes a recipe comes along that is so quick, so easy, dirties so few dishes, that you make it like...a lot.
This is one of those recipes.
Let me list everything that is awesome about this dish:
- It's delicious.
- Michael loves it.
- It's pretty darn healthy.
- I pretty much always have all these ingredients on hand.
- Can be made with 1 pot/pan.
Cheesy Chicken Noodles
Adapted from Pinch of Yum's "Easy Cheesy Chicken Noodles"
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz. egg noodles (I use whole wheat)
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. cold water
- 12 oz. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: breadcrumbs and/or crumbled bacon
- Saute garlic and oil in a medium/large saucepan (or pot) over medium heat until the garlic is soft.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook 8-10 minutes, until just barely cooked.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the 3 tbsp. of cold water, and stir into the noodles.
- Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the chicken.
- If needed (I never do), allow to cool slightly until thickened.
- Put pan on low heat and add butter, milk, and cheese and mix 3-4 minutes, until combined.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and/or bacon if desired.
- Eat! Add some more water or milk if the noodles get too thick and sticky.
Here, has a bite. It's nice to share.