Grocery shopping, to be exact.
But it's raining.
And, in New York City, when you don't have a car, you really shouldn't grocery shop in the rain.
So, instead, I've been catching up on blog stuff (in addition to re-watching The Vampire Diaries and cooking). I have a whole bunch of posts, ready to be shared.
But...I'm going to let you see those later. Today, I have a brand new recipe.
Like...I just made it. I'm drinking this right now.
|Rain, rain, go away....or you know what? If I can drink hot chocolate...go ahead and stay. :)|
It's not as decadently thick, like I usually go for in hot chocolate. But, the addition of peanut butter gives it just enough richness to keep me satisfied. And, it will please all you people who (for some odd reason) don't like to drink liquid candy bars. Maybe the boy will even like it! This recipe makes just the right amount for one mug. Now-make this hot chocolate, cozy up somewhere comfortable, and read (or watch bad TV...your call).Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
From Eat, Live, Run
- 1 cup milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I'm out...I'm like 2 weeks short of my homemade vanilla extract to be done, so I omitted. It was fine without, but vanilla never hurts.)
- 1 heaping tbsp. peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- Whisk milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla in a small pot on your stove.
- On med-high heat, bring to a simmer.
- Add peanut butter and stir very well to get rid of clumps.
- Pour into your mug, and if you want to get fancy, garnish with whipped cream and peanuts (and maybe with some chocolate sauce drizzled over that...mmmm).