1. Mud Hen Bars. What a fun name! Where does it come from? What in the Lord's name about this makes it "mud hen"y? I really don't know. But I like it.
2.These pictures are awful. They do these delish. bars no justice. Stupid old camera.
Anyway, mud hen bars are really cool. They're like...a sugar cookie, with chocolate chips and marshmallows, with this crunchy, yummy, brown sugar meringue on top. They were not one of my mostest favoritest desserts, however, they were tasty, and Michael liked them, and I think they'd be great to serve at a party (if I ever went to parties :P).
Mud Hen Bars
- 1/2 cup butter-at room temperature.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (1 whole and 2 separated)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter until creamy.
- Beat in one whole egg and 2 yolks.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 pan (don't be alarmed-this will be VERY thin. It's supposed to be that way, so don't freak out...like I did.).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows over it.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the brown sugar.
- Spread this over everything else in the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan and cut.
Really....that is just....beautiful.
Linking up with: