...but so far I still don't knit.
But whether you're young-at-heart or old-for-your-age...or anywhere in between, you're gonna be all about these rolls! They're crazy easy to throw together and they make an awesome lunch or snack or appetizer or just grab-and-go sustenance! They're cheesy and pesto-y (so make sure to use a pesto you love!) and there's turkey so yay protein! They're also super customizable so feel free to play around with the fillings, and you can totally make them vegetarian (just...don't add any meat--ta da!)
Cheesy Turkey Pesto Rolls
Makes 9 rolls.
- 1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup pesto (I recommend this recipe)
- 3/4 lb. thin-sliced deli turkey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and grease a 9"x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a floured surface, roll out the crescent dough and press together seams to keep them from splitting--roll out into an approximately 13"x18" rectangle.
- Spread the dough evenly with pesto and then sprinkle with mozzarella. Top evenly with the slices of turkey.
- From the longer side of the rectangle, roll the dough up tightly, pinch the ends together, and place with the seam down. Cut into 9 equal pieces.
- Place the roll-ups face up in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with extra mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool and serve!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
They also smell kinda fantastic.