Happy Labor Day-bor!
...You done? My voice is pretty, huh? Thanks :) Anyway! Pancakes! YOU GUYS! I made pretty(ish) pancakes! This never happens! The only pancakes I've ever made that looked nice were those healthy ones! That is also why those are the only ones I've ever shared on here. Also, when it comes down to it, given the choice between waffles and pancakes, Michael and I both usually prefer waffles. But..sometimes..I don't want to mess with the waffle-maker. Sometimes all I want is a stack of fluffy pancakes.
There are a couple things that make these pancakes special.
They're not super unhealthy and fattening! These are made with whole wheat and Greek yogurt (which I will talk about more on Wednesday), and absolutely no oil or any other sort of fat. So-yay!
The Greek yogurt in these (which I subbed in for the originally called for sour cream) makes these pancakes super moist and rich. It's quite lovely.
And, I also discovered I like using mini chocolate chips in pancakes. They're cute. Plus, they seem to work better. Obviously, you do not need to use chocolate chips. I am just crazy and need to eat pancakes/waffles with chocolate chips and peanut butter spread on top. It's dark chocolate and natural peanut butter though, so, still healthy!
Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Makes 6-10 pancakes, depending on size.Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk (any kind)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. plain Greek Yogurt (I used 0%)
- Optional: chocolate chips, nuts, small pieces of fruit, etc. (I like mini choc. chips)
- In a medium-large bowl whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk the milk and egg.
- Pour measuring cup into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add yogurt and combine.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto a griddle/skillet over medium heat and coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips, etc.
- Flip after 3-4 minutes (when you see bubbles form in the center).
- Cook a few more minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve to your taste! Butter + syrup, jam, peanut butter, whatever!