But let's logically think about why I would be drawn to this recipe, shall we?
Oven fried=I love fried chicken, but don't love the calories, etc. Oven fried is a healthier alternative.
Parmesan=Italian. I'm in.
So, yeah. This chicken is tasty. And pretty darn simple. A great idea for a weeknight dinner when you're super busy!
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup finely crushed crackers (saltines, ritz, etc.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- pepper and additional seasonings, to taste
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- In a small bowl mix egg and milk.
- In a shallow dish combine crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and pepper/other seasonings.
- Spray a baking pan/casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dip chicken, 1 piece at a time, in the egg mixture, then coat in the crumbs.
- Place chicken in pan so they are not touching.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-55 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
It's what's for dinner!