My biscuit recipe collection is nearing rivalry of my chicken collection.*
(Not really, it's not even close)
There's just nothing like waking up in the morning and biting into a warm, delicious biscuit with butter...Mmm. But you know, sometimes...I worry about my waist-line. So I hunted down a whole wheat biscuit recipe-made entirely with whole wheat flour. The biscuits are great. They're hearty, but delicate, and are amazing with jam, honey, and, of course, butter. They'd even be great to dip into a soup or stew. They're pretty quick and simple to make, and you can go about your day knowing you started it right!
|There's some of that raspberry jam.|
In non-biscuit related news: My friend Angela and her parents arrived in NY yesterday to visit me for a couple days (today and tomorrow)! My little (she's 2 years younger than me) Angela is even sleepin' here! I'm super excited! I've been wanting Angela to visit me since I moved here. The only place she said she really wanted/needed to go is the place I've been raving to her about all these years, Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man. She's got a sweet tooth like me :) We used to have slumber parties and make up lots of bags of popcorn and various chocolate concoctions as well. It's going to be a really fun couple days-but I'll be pretty busy!
Maybe I should make these biscuits. :P
Whole Wheat Biscuits
From A Hint of Honey
Makes about 12 biscuits
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Either in a bowl, or food processor, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, 2 knives, or a food processor, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until pieces of butter are pea sized.
- Stir in milk until the dough is just moistened.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 8-10 times.
- Roll to 3/4" thick and cut into 2 1/2" circles.
- Bake on an un-greased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with butter or jam.
There's nothing like delicious, melt-y butter on a biscuit.