It's the case of the missing photos!
...I had an extra picture showing the steps of making these cookies and, sadly, somehow it's vanished. I can't begin to tell you how much this has been bugging me but...I've (mostly) made my peace with it.
Michael's hilarious. He loved these cookies. Thought they were so good.
A week after they're all eaten, he says, "You know what you haven't made in awhile? Cookies."
"Uhh...I just made those chocolate cookies last week."
"Oh...yeah...well...but...no, I mean like cookie cookies."
Ah. Of course.
While these, apparently, are not "cookie cookies", these are some pretty fantastic, uber chocolatey cookies! These are EXACTLY like the kind of amazing, big, cookies you buy at bakeries but are somehow never able to replicate at home. BOOM! Picky Palate solved that problem: You can totally make these at home. Super easy. And there are Oreo's in them. Not like...noticeable chunks. They're ground up. Almost like Oreo powder...yes...I like that...Oreo powder. Cocoa powder, but made from Oreo's.
Someone should market that s#!+
If you drink milk (which I assume most of you are not weirdos like me) these are probably amazing with a tall glass. Just sayin'.
Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies, depending on size
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet/dark)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 15 Oreo's, finely ground
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or silpat.
- Beat butter and sugars until completely combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fully mixed.
- In a medium-large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and, along with the cocoa powder, ground Oreo's, and chocolate chips, mix it all together, slowly, until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet(s), keeping them about 1 in. apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Bask in the chocolatey goodness.
I LIKE BIG COOKIES AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER COOKIE LOVERS CAN'T DENY...
I thought of that the other day. I've been waiting for the perfect time to use that line. I think I'm hilarious.