I know what you're thinking.
Not in like, a literal-I can read your mind kind of way...although sometimes I have felt like I can sort of read minds...I am fairly certain I'm psychic-laugh all you want but I have dreams that come true!!...oops...off topic. Anyhow...
I assume you're thinking: "Hmm, I wonder how many different ways Kayle can make chicken?"
The answer is-a lot. I'm sorry that my picky-ness is being taken out on all of you, but, well...that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
Ah! I'm like all over the place today. Yes, so, chicken. These are actually a little different! They're like delicious chicken nuggets we all know and love-but healthy AND a little gourmet tasting because of the asiago cheese. Trust me on this you guys.
(On a completely un-related side note: I'm doing the coolest thing today. Last week I auditioned for the part of 1 of a set of twins in a pilot. They really like me and are "strongly considering" me, but they're having a hard time finding someone to play my twin. SO-today I'm going to go read with a bunch of girls they found who look like me to try to find me a twin! Isn't that SO AWESOME??! I might be over-excited about this....BUT I DON'T CAARE! :p)
Healthy Asiago Chicken Nuggets
Adapted from How Sweet's "Healthy, Crunchy Asiago Chicken Nuggets"
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- enough buttermilk to cover chicken nuggets
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs (whole wheat is great)
- 1/6 cup flour (may need slightly more or less of the breadcrumbs and flour, just start with these measurements and add more as needed)
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into nugget-sized chunks.
- For 2-24 hours soak chicken chunks in a large bowl, covered with buttermilk.
- When ready, line a baking sheet with foil and lay a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, cheese, and seasonings in a bowl. Remove chicken nuggets from buttermilk and coat in crumbs mixture.
- Place prepared nuggets on the wire rack. Spritz all the nuggets with some cooking spray to help them crisp up.
- Bake 7 minutes. Flip nuggets. Spritz with cooking spray again.
- Bake 7 more minutes.