I did it!!! I made it through Lent without cheating on a single meatless Friday! Woohoo! A small accomplishment, but exciting, nevertheless. As a reward for being so good, I have extra meaty little treats, just for you! Mini, baked, meatballs!
I hate to be annoying and barely write anything for y'all to read, but I am simply exhausted! Lots of exciting stuff going on in this cooking actress' life :).
Don't you fret-I will continue to supply you with tasty foods!
Mini, Baked, Meatballs
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese (+ extra for sprinkling)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs ( (+ extra for sprinkling))
- 2 cups pasta sauce (of your choice)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except sauce). Mix gently-toss a few times with your hands. Do not over-mix-that results in tough meatballs.
- Spray a baking dish with PAM and add sauce.
- Roll meat mixture into 1 tbsp. meatballs and set in the sauce.
- Once all the meatballs are nestled in the sauce, sprinkle extra cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes