It has come to my realization that it's been a little while since I shared an entree. Apologies. Since I'm still trying to get through all the recipes with photos I took with my old camera, this little beauty is what I decided to tell you all about. As most of us know, Chicken Parmesan can be very unhealthy (fried, globs of mozzarella...etc). This recipe presents a healthier solution-and in a fun, casserole kind of way! The croutons here mimic the crunchiness of the fried chicken, and using both Parmesan and shredded mozzarella brings down the calorie count. The first night I made this Michael and I were just so enamored with it, it was delicious! Word of advice though-it definitely loses something when it's leftover. It was very hard to finish. I probably wouldn't make this again unless I had a whole group of people to feed. If you have children, though, you should be good-it really is ridiculously tasty fresh! Enough jibber jabber, now, on to the recipe:Chicken Parmesan Bake
Note: This is infinitely better fresh than leftover. I suggest making it when you have a lot of people, so it all gets eaten in one night.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5-7 chicken breasts
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/8 cup chopped basil
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) Parmesan, grated
- 8 oz. (1 cup) mozzarella, shredded
- 1 (5 oz.) package of garlic croutons.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13 dish, spread oil and garlic around to coat the bottom.
- Lay chicken breasts in dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle herbs,, then 1/2 the cheeses over the dish.
- Cover in croutons.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake 35 minutes.
Linking up here